The Church of Our Lady of Lourd, a hundred years old, is built within the St.Joseph’s College complex, Trichy.
The church is decked out in Gallo-Catholic design, from neo-Gothic spires to anguieshed scenes of crucifixion and matrydom painted inside. In a note of cross-religious pollination, icons of Virgin Mary are garlanded in flower necklaces constructed in the year 1840 AD. The church is situated near the rock fort. The main tower is 220 feet in height, and the small tower is 120 feet in height. The statues of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, St. Ignatius of Loyola, St. Francis Xavier and St. John de Britto are placed at the center of the tower. The church bell is set at a height of 90 feet.